Plum Fruit Moth Trap With Pheromone Lure
This pheromone trap gives off a scented lure (included) that attracts male plum fruit moths and traps them without the use of chemicals.
Grapholita (cydia) funebrana is a common pest of plums, damsons and greengages. The female moth lays eggs which, once hatched, burrow into the fruit. These larvae or caterpillars eat the plums from within.
The trap is sturdy, so lasts longer than paper traps and is protected from the wind. As there is no glue, it can be re-used each year with pheromone refills. As the lure attracts male plum fruit moths, eggs laid by females are reduced. Only one lure is required each season and one plum fruit moth trap will cover up to 16 trees.
Place the trap near plum trees from early May when moths start flying. Remove the pheromone lure from its sleeve and put it inside the space allocated in the trap with a black cover. Fill the trap with water and mild detergent.
Your trap consists of 7 separate parts plus a sachet of attractant. Your trap is assembled before it leaves us to ensure that the trap is complete before it is packaged for delivery to you:
- 1 x clear plastic funnel trap
- 1 x green plastic funnel trap insert
- 1 x green plastic trap lid with 2 hanging points
- 1 x white funnel holding strap with 2 fixing points
- 1x lure cage
- 1 x lure cage black cap
- 1 x trap hanging string
We send a majority of these traps already assembled however, the trap should only take a couple of minutes to assemble and should be quite self explanatory however the following step by step instructions may help:
- Place clear plastic funnel trap on flat surface and fit the green circular insert
- Put on the trap lid ensuring the two lugs are located into the recesses in the clear trap
- The white strap should then be inserted into the two fixing points on the underside of the lid and fit within the guide marks on the underside of the clear funnel trap
- Open foil lure sachet and place contents into plastic lure cage
- Fit cap to lure cage
- Insert lure cage into circular hole in the lid
- Attach hanging string to lid and hang trap
As the trap is designed to be hanging, ensure that all of the parts are fitted securely.
- Put the traps in place from early May until the end of October
- Hang the trap from fruit tree
- Put a water/detergent mix in the clear plastic trap
- One trap will cover an areas of up to 16 trees
- Replace the pheromone lure every 12 months
- Only the correct pheromone lure should be used within this trap
You may also be interested in...
This trap attracts and catches wasps due to its attractant lure, 125ml supplied, and ensures that they cannot escape. It will not catch bees so that you can be assured that they are protected.
BATICLEAN CR is a systemic moss killer to effectively kill moss, algae, lichen and mould growth on all types of hard surfaces. It will also keep your surfaces clear of moss as it is designed NOT to...